Monday, January 18, 2016

PIMPERNEL - Now Available!

If you're in the mood for an adventure-rom, then Pimpernel is for you.


Rather than posting the synopsis here, I thought I'd answer a few questions you might have about my second romance novel.

Question #1: Is this a retelling of the Scarlet Pimpernel?


Answer: No. I do adore that book/movie, but this is not a retelling of it. You could say that the two are related, though.

Question #2: How "clean" is this book?


Answer: There are no swears and the book is technically clean. But, like The Kiss that Launched 1,000 GIFs, there may be those who wish the kissing was a little more platonic. But hey...I just write what I see ;)

Question #3: What do you mean by "adventure-rom"?


Answer: Unlike The Kiss that Launched 1,000 GIFs, Pimpernel is not a romance-driven storyline. If you're wanting chemistry to drip off the page and for the sighs/tension to begin from page 1, Pimpernel will not deliver that for you. This book is more Rhea-level in its romance. The task at hand is the first priority, and no one is really looking for love along the way.

But that doesn't mean it doesn't find them.

Question #4: What should I expect with Pimpernel?


Answer: Smart characters, colorful personalities, and a fast-moving story.

A little insider tidbit is that I literally cut 35% out of the final book. All the stuff I cut could have stayed in, but most of my readers are mothers and I respect your time. If you like the series and want me to continue it, then I can put all the info I cut into other books. But this time around I wanted to give you a more streamlined book that didn't have the word count of a fantasy novel.

That said, I do think that this is one book that most people will not finish in one sitting. I usually like to keep things light and fluffy and flowy, but these characters will give your brain a bit to process (or, at least, they gave my brain a lot to process, so maybe I'm projecting here), which means you might need to take a break.

I did.

Question #5: Is this book part of a series?


Answer: It could be. It's up to you. If you like it, definitely review it. If readers want more, I'd love my first book of 2017 to be the next book in this series. But I also have a dozen other books I could write starting next year.

I'll let you decide. How about that?


Thank you for your readership and support. Without it, I don't get to write. If you want random updates from me, feel free to follow me on:

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram

Click here to start reading Pimpernel for free!

2 comments:

  1. Is this book going to be recorded for audio "readers"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never done that before, but I will definitely look into it! Thanks for planting the idea :)

      Delete