Saturday, July 4, 2015

Are You Ready for Some CHEMISTRY?




If you like my next book, you can thank Kathy Habel and Rachael Anderson for getting me on the romance horse. It took me a couple of years to listen to them, but The Kiss That Launched 1000 Gifsis my (first) response to their request to write romance.

Romance is fun, but you might notice that I like chemistry just a little bit more. That, and synergy. I like it when 1 + 1 is greater than 2, and that's what I like to aim for in my pairings.

A little-known fact is that my niece named the characters of the book. I was having trouble focusing on writing the story (because I had about 50 other logs burning in other fires). I had a couple chapters written, but everywhere a name was supposed to go, I just had underscores waiting to be filled (___).

I was at a family party when my SIL asked me what I was up to. I mentioned the romance along with everything else on the list, and my niece perked up. She asked what my characters names were, and I said they didn't have names. Then I asked her if she wanted to do the honors and name them.

She was totally in, which meant describing the characters to her, and a bit about their story line. Before I left the party, my characters had names and suddenly everything started flowing.

So I guess I should be thanking Kathy, Rachael, AND Hannah for the fact that this book will be released on July 6th.

This book is for you, ladies. I hope you (and everyone else who picks it up) love it! ;)

Synopsis

Each weekday from 2:00-4:00 p.m., Grace and Ashton cohost Battle of the Sexes, a radio program arguing the he-said/she-said issues of the day. Their fiery debates often have listeners wondering if there’s more to their relationship than just talk, even though Grace has been dating Phillip, Mr. Tall, Dark, and Perfect, since long before she ever met Ashton Miller. 

Yet when news comes that Battle of the Sexes is on the bubble for cancellation, Grace and Ashton need to step up their efforts to engage their audience to keep the show alive. When a charity organization approaches them and proposes that the two of them kiss for a fund raiser, Grace and Ash agree to kiss for a good cause. A kiss is just a kiss, right? 

Or can one kiss really change everything?

Get "The Kiss That Launched 1000 GIFs" Now on Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment