Friday, January 18, 2019

Starbreaker Gets Ecliptic Release Date

It’s time for a new book.



“When?” you ask.

Oh, in two days.

I hope you’re ready.

I’ve kind of been terrible at the whole marketing and building anticipation thing. I was focused on writing and, I have to say, that when a book is in my brain, I don’t multi-task well.

At all.

And Starbreaker was a bit an intense creation process for me.  I actually wrote it eight times.

Yes, eight.

Terribly inefficient, I know. Even more so since these weren’t drafts of the same, but completely different takes on the arc.

And version 8 is the one you will get in your hands this Sunday.

Why, Sunday? That’s an odd day for a book release, right? I was going to be traditional and do it on Tuesday, but then I saw something.

The last total lunar eclipse of this decade is on Sunday.



There are some other cool celestial happenings that day, too, and those prompted me to move the day up by two because there are characters in the series who are very into the stars and celestial events—one of which you’ll meet Sunday.

So I went with the sky for a release date on this one, and I really, really, really hope you like the book.
A few things to know about the moon:
  • The moon is 400X smaller than the sun but 400X closer, making them appear the same size when overlapped
  • If the moon was not tilted, there would be an eclipse every month
  • Lunar eclipses can be seen by half the earth (where it is night when the alignment takes place)
  • Lunar and solar eclipses often take place 15 days apart (not always, of course, but if you are lined up for a casted shadow on one side you are likely lined up on the other side)
  • Lunar eclipses always happen on a full moon, solar eclipses always happen on a new moon

There you go! A few fun facts to remember about the moon and lunar eclipses.

Hope you enjoyed the random tidbits, and that you enjoy the book even more! This one was a doozy to write, but I hope it all pays off as a reading experience in the end.

Hugs, and thanks for reading!!!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, STARBREAKER!

1 comment:

  1. I am totally hooked on this series and can't wait for the next installment. I admit I was expecting to find out what Clair, Malachi, Tiki and Co. we're up to, but I loved this interlude story. But please tell me the next story will be coming soon!

    ReplyDelete