Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Playlist: Done. Now Time for the Book


The environment each writer needs to create is very personal. There's not write or wrong way to write. There's just the way that works for you. Me? I'm too ADD to write in silence. My mind and body will seek distraction.

And seeking distraction = No writing getting done.

So I need music--and not just any music. My music needs are actually very particular if I want to focus in and actually write. The music needs to set the tone for the book. It has to be very particular and match the vibe, energy, and message I'm putting onto the page. Each song has to be a triple threat in speaking for one of the characters in the book, whether that character is large or small. In that regard, having access to my playlist is about as close as you can get to having spoilers.

That said, I present you with the youtube playlist for UnPleasant Grove. If you HATE spoilers and even the smallest sneak peeks, by all means, don't click. But if you like to get a whiff of what's coming a little in advance, feel free to listen in on the music I currently have on loop, pretty much 24/7.

Thanks for reading (as always)!

No comments:

Post a Comment