Sunday, August 14, 2011

Are You Ready for Decadence?

Some of you may have noticed that I'm not one of those authors who reviews other people's books. I always think it's great when other authors do it, but there's just something in me that resists when asked. It's been a long time since I read a book for enjoyment--or seen a movie, for that matter--and it just seems unfair to review books that I'm reading for technical reasons.

But there are exceptions. And one of them just happens to be cookbooks.

If you haven't yet made a Wendy Paul recipe in your home, then you've probably never made a key lime pie or rootbeer float cupcake in ten minutes. It's possible you've never laid out two dozen cupcakes in front of women who were on diets, only to watch them disappear in an hour. It's possible you've never made cookies that you sampled until you were in a sugar coma.

And if you don't pick up Wendy's new book, you may never know how absolutely amazing a cake bite can be.


I was lucky. I got to try Wendy's cake bites as far back as last December--delectable little mini-cakes that are about as big around as the circle you make when you connect your pointer finger and your thumb into a circle.

Amazing. Rich. The life of a party.

I've done more than one book signing with Wendy Paul, and I'm not sure whose books I've sold more of. As a person who doesn't like to spend time in the kitchen, Wendy won my heart with 101 Gourmet Cupcakes in 10 Minutes. As a person with friends with various dietary needs, she gave me awesome cookie recipes for cookies for all types of diets in 101 Gourmet Cookies for Everyone. And with 101 Gourmet Cake Bites for All Occasions, I know for a fact that those recipes are worth the extra time in the kitchen. I've shared Wendy's cake bites with some of the most elitist bakers I know, and without fail their eyebrows shoot up and something along the lines of "Wow!" shoots out of their mouths.

And that's why I'm giving a copy away. I know you'll love it that much. Winning is easy:

#1- Follow this blog (so I can contact you if you win)
#2-On Facebook and/or Twitter (one entry each) tweet/post "The cake bite cookbook I want the most: http://bit.ly/pEHbTc " and tag me so that I see the post.

It's that easy!

You'll notice that the link is for the book launch of 101 Gourmet Cake Bites for All Occasions, and yes, you ARE cordially invited! I'll be there. So will Wendy, and it will be a great time with great people. So feel free to get some friends together August 20th and join me at an amazing cake bite party that will get you excited to bake!

No comments:

Post a Comment