Monday, December 20, 2010

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS ARC?

If you happen to have this ARC in your possession, I would LOVE to negotiate the temporary surrender of its custody into my hands with you:


Some of you may have read books from this series. This book is #9. In truth, the Rachel Morgan series was the one that introduced me to urban fantasy as a genre, so I kind of have a soft spot for Kim Harrison. Pale Demon comes out in 8 weeks, so it's not a huge wait, but I'm an impulsive sort and reviews keep popping up, so I know the ARCs are out there. I thought B&N bookstores would get ARCs like previous books in this series, but noooooooo. Apparently Eos knows that they don't need buzz anymore. People will just go and buy.

BOO!

But even so, I want one one of the ARCs that is out and about. A lot. I read fast. You'll barely miss it. I'll have it about 24 hours and send it right back. Promise. I'll pay shipping both ways, and more!

To make my dream come true, just click on the contact tab and drop me a line. :)

Please? Pretty please?

2 comments:

  1. I don't really understand ARCs yet. Is that just a copy of the book before it's really a book? I hear a lot of people talking about them, but I never saw one for my book, so I'm still in the dark. Fill me in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Maggie~

    ARC stands for Advance reading Copy. Not all books get them, but when they do, the books are printed a decent amount of time in advance and distributed in an effort to create "buzz."

    Publishers usually do this on books they are excited about or have invested a lot in, but once an author gets to a certain level of popularity, they usually stop making them. People like Dan Brown, Nora Roberts, Stephen King and others who hit the NYT bestseller list right out of the gate don't need ARCs to sell.

    It's almost 100% certain, for example, that this book will rank high on the NYT bestseller's list the week it debuts, without the buzz of ARCs. Hence, no ARCs.

    Boo.

    Hope that answered your question.

    ReplyDelete