Thursday, April 29, 2010

Getting Away With It 101

Getting Away With It 101: If there's cameras, they will find you.

It seems intuitive, but some lawbreakers missed the memo.

Even less intuitive is this rule: drive a car where you can afford the gas, because as long as we're running on oil, prices are going to be as high as they want to be, whenever they want to be. This poor truck owner needs over $100 to fill up.

Ouch.

But still, not a reason to fill up your tank, leave without paying, and run over the employee on the way out. To this man's credit, though, he knew he was busted--evidenced by the fact that police found him hiding in his closet.

Sometimes I hate listening to the news because all I can think whenever I hear about a fatal accident or a story like this is how no one plans for a day like this when they wake up in the morning. Or, at least, I'm pretty sure that Bradford Beddes did not press snooze on his alarm clock this morning and think, "By the time the sun goes down today, I want to steal gas, run over a man, and hide in my closet until the police come and take me away."

Life. It truly is an unpredictable adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment